Saturday 9 May 2009

Organ Donation and Reception


There are no formal teachings about organ donation or reception. Some of us believe that it is wrong to swap body parts, others that if donating a kidney or bone marrow will save a life then it is justified. Most of us are happy to receive blood products and donate it.

I if I were to be involved in organ donation I would like a chance to 'cleanse' the organ, or otherwise prepare it for entering a new body. I have read of people taking on aspects of the donor's personality or likes/dislikes etc and it makes perfect sense that the organ would carry energy that is suited to the donor. I don't know practically how it would work, but I can't see it needs to be a complicated ritual. Also, if it was the organ of a loved one who had died then I would like the chance to keep that person's energies intact for whatever they were going to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment